Saturday 30 June 2012

I Get Around

Mel website snapshot

June 2012 truly has been a month of shameless self-promotion. As if publishing a book and pushing it in everyone's face on Twitter, Facebook and wherever else anyone would have me wasn't enough, I only went and appeared on a couple of other websites too. I'm not too sure how this came about but I am grateful to Mel Menzies and Stu Noss for giving me the chance to hijack their websites and offer some thoughts on writing and publishing.

On Mel's website, I wrote an article entitled 'Could I really be an Author?' in which I discussed how Accidental Crime came about and how I sought to get it published and promoted. Mel is a successful author and the rest of her website is very much worth checking out.

Mel’s most recent novel, A Painful Post Mortem, explores the perennial parental lament: "Where did I go wrong?" in respect of a wayward child. All proceeds from the sales of the novel go to charities helping children (Care for the Family and Tearfund) and so I very much encourage you to support this worthy cause while getting your hands on a great summer read!

The other article I produced was for the Solqu Shorts website and this time I was claiming to know how writers should go about creating interesting characters

I'm not sure quite how qualified I am to offer such thoughts but I am thankful for the opportunity and I hope people find my ideas helpful.

I’ll probably stop popping up in various places at some stage but for now I hope you’ll forgive me for polluting the internet once more and may even go so far as to check out the articles. If nothing else, it gives you a chance to enjoy the rest of the websites…

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis