Thursday 5 May 2011

Turning Tables

It's been an odd week. True, it's been slightly longer than a week since the last blog entry, so if you just assume that those other weeks could be filed under 'general time passing', then we can all get on with focusing on this week. Agreed? Excellent.
Not only did we watch a prince (not the artist formally known as...) get married and drive off, like any normal couple (thanks BBC) in an Aston Martin, while thousands celebrated by waving flags in the streets, barely 48 hours later and we were watching another crowd of flag-waving enthusiasts rejoicing in the death of a man with a surprisingly-long beard - not that we got to see the beard (or any other body parts) again after all these years, mind, as we were informed that, after much deliberation, gruesome pictures of Bin Laden's corpse would remain locked away, ready for a Wikileaks/flickr scandal in 2015.
And, as if that wasn't enough, a bizarre day of Championship football on Monday left Norwich fans up and down the country wondering just how their team had secured a second promotion in two seasons. As someone on Twitter wrote, 'if Carlsberg did bank holiday weekends...'
Besides these 3 events of global significance, the past few days have also brought an unexpected moment of jealousy/admiration, as one of my good friends from university posted a link to his first published book on amazon. I'll repeat the act here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wendy-Whale-Alexander-Williams/dp/0946206716/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304624123&sr=8-1
And to think, I couldn't even get around to updating my blog...
Saying that, here I am! And here I will be too, on a tip sheet coming to a website/table at a conference near you. Confused? Excellent. The short summary is that my fame as a scriptwriter has spread sufficiently to lead me to be asked by ACW to provide a tip sheet for other aspiring Christian scriptwriters. I'm not on Amazon yet, but it's an honour to be asked anyway.
Back to the week's news - my cat has begun sleeping on her expensive bed again (£10 is expensive in my book), which is a great relief as the alternative was putting a door back on its hinges, and anyone who witnessed the great 'shelf-collapsing' and 'screws-back-to-front' incidents of my previous DIY efforts will be glad to hear that it doesn't sound as if there'll be any need for any door-disasters. Saying that, I did fix a mower recently. I broke it first, though. I guess I'm even.
Anyway, I should probably get back on with that scriptwriting I'm so famed for and see if I can finish off my Pentecost play. Spoiler alert: the Holy Spirit appears.
Thanks for being patient as the blog remained in stasis for a couple of months. Hope it didn't ruin your life too much visiting a website every day to have your hopes so consistently dashed. I will do my best not to dash hopes in the future.
We should all do less dashing.
Here endeth today's lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis