Tuesday 10 May 2011

All around the world

It probably shouldn't have taken me as many months as it has but I have finally stumbled across the 'Stats' tab on my own blog page when fiddling around with the layout earlier, but it seems that not only can I discover how many times the page has been viewed (something I've long agonised over, as long-term readers will know) but I can also see how people got here, where in the world they are reading it and which web browser they used to read it ('Safari' is currently number one - thank you Apple users!).
Oh dear. This puts the pressure on. People in Denmark - well, one person in Denmark - need this blog. Or, at least, did on one occasion at one time in the past few months. Wow. Hope it helped.
And, as if Denmark wasn't exciting enough, Indonesia seems to be keen, Switzerland is chipping in with the odd participant and the United States are showing an interest. Suddenly I feel a lot of pressure to find culturally-relevant topics to write on, so look out for a future blog about eating Lindt chocolate after a quick game of badminton against Bon Jovi...
Discovering the visitor counter does of course confirm that any plans I have to spend a weekend repeatedly pressing F5 to watch the numbers rack up would be worth putting into action.
This was a short blog just to say that I am very grateful to have discovered that people do actually come here and read this. If you are here for the first time, welcome/willkommen/bienvenue, etc. Do check out the 'archive'. Love that word - sounds like I have an underground library. If I'm ever rich, I will have an underground library. And an overground library - just in case I don't fancy the stairs. In fact, if I'm rich I'll install a lift. I might need to move first. Not enough room in this house.
That was an example of a series of random thoughts, poorly structured into short statements. For many more such exciting ventures into the world of creative expression, join me again soon.
I'm off to refresh this page ten times before posting the link to this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis