Thursday 17 March 2011

The Gift

I finally reach my favourite number on Tuesday! I have no idea why but, whenever asked, I tend to plump for 27. 26 isn't even in my top 10, but 27 - now that's a number.
So, what exactly is going to happen in year 27 of the life of Sam Lenton? Publication? Promotion? Paternity? Something that doesn't begin with 'P'?
Well, to start with I shall receive presents and, as is the pattern nowadays, I will know exactly what they are as I have not only added them to my Amazon wish list but have giggled with glee as they disappear from said list. With only 3 likely providers of such gifts, it's not even that difficult to narrow down who might have purchased what.
(Side note - current 'P-word' count in this blog stands at 8)
What is perhaps a little depressing is that I've just spent 20 or 30 minutes (we all know it's nearer 30, but let's give me a shot at some dignity anyway) trawling through Amazon in the look out for something I might like my brother to buy me. It's such a strange experience assessing whether buying a particular item would be a worthwhile use of someone else's money or not.
So, since I should really be taking this time to write my play rather than procrastinate by pondering presents on a personal blog, I think I should probably bless you all with a briefer than usual contribution.
Preparing for 27 with ever-increasing anticipation...

(Final 'P' count : 16. An OK number but barely in the same league as 27.)

1 comment:

  1. Mischievous Maisie27 March 2011 at 15:02

    Poor parent! he waits eagerly for said presents to pop through the door but the postman passes by and posts then elsewhere instead. How pathetic that a gift giver fails to perceive the perfect address and has a faulty perspective on where they ought to be presented. Phew! That may be petty but still pleasurable to procrastinate so purrfectly! Now for a 'p' count - 17 I believe - but who cares if I am precise or not? Eat your hat, Master!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis