Thursday 19 May 2011

Time is on my side

Having recently discovered Radio 4 extra, you'll be pleased to know that the typing of this blog is being accompanied by the bizarrely titled, 'Lenin of the Rovers', which is apparently about one man's struggle to establish Britain's first communist football team. I know, I'm thinking the same as you - why didn't I come up with that first? And, why couldn't it have been Britain's first communist bowls club? Missed opportunity.
I'm pleased to have the time to write this blog today - eager viewers will notice it's been a few days since I last posted - and, in general, I'm pleased that time has suddenly become a commodity I've been able to enjoy now that work has eased off a bit.
Writing update: in the last week I've written a 10 minute radio play, which is a parody of The History Boys (well, the opening scene anyway), and I fully intend to abuse the fact that I work at a college with a radio station to get the play put on before the end of term. If only I worked at a college with a Hollywood studio...
Yesterday witnessed the production of another monologue but quite a different one from usual. The fact that I insisted I performed it the moment my wife returned home from work would suggest that I was perhaps a little too proud of my efforts! My acting skills are coming along nicely though.
The problem, which this blog suitably represents, is that anytime spent blogging means the other projects aren't getting done, but any time spent on the other projects means the blog isn't being updated. It's this type of agonising situation that makes watching an overweight boy riding a skateboard on the pavement outside a more compelling option than committing to what might be the wrong writing choice. It's easy to see why YouTube has become so popular...
I don't think I'll post a link to this blog entry on Twitter or Facebook today. This'll be one for the loyal readers, those who check back on the off-chance something has happened. Well, you'll be pleased to see that it has! But perhaps less pleased to see what it is that has happened. I should really get back on and write a blog about 7 things you can do to a cat while it sleeps, or something like that.
The kitchen timer has just finished counting down. Time is no longer on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis