Monday 9 August 2010

The Wanderer

I am, if truth be told, rather surprised by the impact this blog has had so far. No, Mr Watson still hasn't rung/texted/popped round for a coffee, nor has Sir Bob Geldof sent me through a vast sum of money for promoting The Boomtown Rats' most successful single. It seems, sadly, that my two posts so far have proved so offensive to the feline world - was it the suggestion that my cat's life might be turned into profitable Hollywood gain? - that Maisie has indeed wandered off in protest, probably writing a revenge blog of her own behind a tree somewhere, whilst I am left here refreshing the page in the hope that my follower count might hit the heady heights of two. In fact, some might say that blogging about a cat's temporary disappearance (we're assuming it's temporary anyway) is a little pointless, since my only follower is equally bemused as to our cat's whereabouts and, should someone from across the Atlantic stumble across this blog, then the chances of them being able to help in the search are slim to say the least. Unless - and in this philanthropic age you never know - this post in some way begins a worldwide 'Maisie hunt' that merely reinforces my belief that a film offer is only a phone call away, whilst millions search their gardens, garages and gazebos for the cat who, in one week (being realistic), has become the most famous feline on the planet.
Well, aren't we always being told to dream big?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis