Saturday 24 September 2011

Sign o’ the times

Just a brief blog today with a brief idea…

Finally, I know what the world needs: Voice-activated LED panels on the back of cars.

No longer would I need to feel frustrated that I can’t communicate with the car behind me when I so desperately want to send them a message that would explain why events have panned out in such a way. All I need to do is open my mouth and utter those immortal words: ‘Look, my car has a pretty tiny engine and so it’s not exactly going to be able to pull away at the speed you’re hoping to go, is it? I’d appreciate your patience in this matter and apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused to your day.’ Problem solved.

Or, perhaps I could support the hazard lights in their act of warning by shouting out: ‘Death imminent. Stopping quickly is advised. Strongly advised.’

Or we could share poetry with each other or even Bible verses. It could be the greatest innovation in evangelism since…well, the last one.

We could ban certain words to avoid potential corruption. Offensive messages would be logged by cameras located in the front of all cars (yes, we’ve added that to the mix now) and would lead to points going on your license. Throw in 2 or more ‘f-words’ (folly is fine by the way, if you’re describing a mistake you have made…) and you’re banned from driving for a month.

Road rage is eliminated. Relationships are initiated. The Gospel is spread.

Get me on Dragon’s Den now…

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis