Wednesday 10 August 2011

Video killed the radio star

It finally happened – I made it on to YouTube. Surprisingly, it wasn’t in a video of me slipping on the ice and falling on my backside in front of hundreds of students. Nor was it me holding up a baby and trying to get it to say ‘pizza’ so that millions of people around the world would comment on how cute my son/daughter was. (Please note: I do not have a son/daughter and do not have one in ‘the oven’, as it were, either…)

In fact, my YouTube debut comes in the form of a 6 minute clip of my Christmas play, ‘Who’s the Baby?’, and to be fair I’m not actually in the clip apart from my name appearing in the credits at the end along with a link to my website, but it’s a start nonetheless.

In an act of remarkable technical boldness (remarkable being a slight overstatement), I’m going to try and post the video link here:

Here it is–the world’s first chance to slate/praise my play…

It may not be the greatest piece of art ever created – in fact, I wouldn’t even begin to suggest that it might be – but it’s out there at least. And, as people sometimes rudely say when they burp, ‘better out than in’…

I’ve been quite a geek today, playing around with my websites and adding things like audio previews and this video clip to try and make everything look a little more jazzy. I suppose I should probably have included some actual jazz too, but it didn’t seem to fit the mood.

My mother-in-law has also posted on YouTube today and this one is a video of her granddaughter bending her toes (no, I’m not going to post the link here – but you can search for ‘bend your big toe if you like milk’ if you really want to…). Shall we take a vote on which video is likely to get the most hits?

Aside from website creation, I’ve been enjoying pretending to be other people again, writing monologues from the perspectives of teenage girls, men who almost got killed by their own fathers, and much more. Looking forward to getting my monologue collection out there soon!

Slightly self-indulgent of me I know but I’m just going to post my links one more time and then scamper off behind the settee before anyone shouts at me…

http://samlentonwriter.webs.com/

http://www.contemporarychristiandrama.com/

Sorry. I’ll be good next time and spend a few paragraphs complaining about pavements or something equally outrageous. Talking of outrageous, I’m pleased to see London was a little calmer last night, although less pleased to see Manchester getting in on the act. I know this blog has done some great things in the past (well, when I say ‘done’ I do of course mean, ‘failed to do but gave it a jolly good go’) trying to sort out our issues with rain and rubbish, but there would surely be nothing greater we could do than help in some way to put an end to this rioting. And so, if you know a rioter or someone who looks like a rioter (that’s right, we’re thinking of you) then why not send them to this web address for a good old read? Nothing stops people from mindless acts of violence like a good old read of a blog. Or so I assume anyway…

Alternatively (or, I should probably say, ‘additionally’), we could all start praying. Prayer’s always a good idea. Arguably, even better than reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis