Thursday 18 August 2011

Kiss your past good-bye

So, it was A-Level results day today. All those months of work come down to a few letters on a piece of paper that might well determine not only where you live for the next three years but where you end up getting up a job and settling down for the foreseeable future. It’s always a strange thought that – Southampton very much feels like home for me now and yet I’m only here because my wife went to university here. Just think, I could have been eulogising over Exeter instead. Hmm, come to think of it, they probably don’t have the issues with the bins that we’ve had…

Talking of the future – well, we weren’t really but I needed a link – I’ve now finished my monologue collection and am looking forward to thrusting that upon the nation shortly. I’m not sure if ‘thrusting’ is the correct verb but it does, at least, express my acknowledgement that people may not exactly be queuing up, Harry Potter-style, to pick up their copy. Nevertheless, the thing will exist, and that’s more than can be said for things that don’t exist…

Also, I’ve just had my first meeting about co-writing a screenplay for a proper movie. As in, those things that last 90 minutes and appear on screens rather than just those ones that only you and your sub-conscious have ever seen or been credited for. I’m sure you know the sort – you’ve seen films. Well, think of one of those and now think about me writing one. Can’t see it? No, neither can I really. Thankfully, I won’t be alone (as you may have deduced from the ‘co’ bit earlier) and so the potential existence and success of the project doesn’t entirely rest on my shoulders. Whatever happens, work begins on Tuesday and the plan is to come up with a story. What could be easier?

That news was potentially so massive that this news simply pales into insignificance in comparison – I bought my first aubergine today. At least, I think it was my first. You’d have thought I’d have remembered my first aubergine, wouldn’t you, so I am assuming that today is my debut aubergine today. I enjoy the word aubergine (pronounced oh! – ber – jean) and am rather partial to the word moussaka too (which I misspelt twice before finally getting it right), so hopefully the two will come together in glorious harmony later this evening. This blog is beginning to resemble Julia and Julia more every day (which isn’t a bad thing if it secures me that movie deal we spoke about many months ago).

Verdict on the moussaka and further references to Aerosmith coming up soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis